Guargum Cultivation Project
Serving the markets of Udaipur(India) and nearby area, we offer top-notch quality range. The products are strictly packed and dispatched safely to the clients stated address and that too in the committed time span.
What is Guar?
Guar or cluster bean (sometimes clusterbean) (Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (syn. C. psoralioides), Fabaceae) is an annual legume plant that grows in semiarid regions. Guar is drought-tolerant and can be eaten green like snap beans, fed to cattle or used as a green manure. It bears many bean-like pods, each of which contains six to nine small, rounded seeds. The guar seed is typically made up of 40% to 46% germ, 38% to 45% endosperm, and 14% to 16% husk. The gum is obtained from the grounded endosperm.
What is Guar Gum?
Guar gum, a natural gum, is an edible thickening agent extracted from the guar bean. Guar beans have a
large endosperm which contains galactomannan gum which forms a gel in water. This is commonly known
as guar gum and is widely used Food and industrial applications. Guar gum has also proven a useful
substitute for locust bean gum.
How is Guar Gum prepared?
Guar gum is prepared by removing the husk and germ portions before extracting the gum from the
What is Guar Gum mainly used as?
Guar Gum is mainly used as natural thickener, emulsifier, stabilizer, bonding agent, hydrocolloid, gelling agent, soil stabilizer, natural fiber, flocculants and fracturing agent.
What are the properties of Guar gum?
Guar gum is soluble in hot and cold water but insoluble in most organic solvents and has strong hydrogen
bonding properties. It has excellent thickening, Emulsion, Stabilizing and film forming properties. It is
compatible with a variety of inorganic and organic substances including certain dyes and various
constituents of food.
How Guar gum powder is prepared?
The seeds of Guar are split and the endosperm & germ is separated from the endosperm by sieving. Through heating, grinding & polishing process the husk is separated from the endosperm halves and the
refined Guar Gum split are obtained. Through grinding process the refined Guar split are then treated and
converted into powder.
More About Guar Gum Plants :
- Guargum is a product which is made from Guar seeds. Guargum is being used in different industries in India and abroad, but now it is in Heavy demand due to its utility in Crude Oil Industry. India is enjoying the top position in production and export of this product in the world market, 80 % of global demand is met by India.
- Guar is basically Simple, Short & Easy rain fed (No irrigation) crop and cultivated in Rajasthan & Haryana state, but it can be grown successfully in other states (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu) also.
- We have taken Successful trials of this crop in Vidharbha region of Maharashtra state in rain fed and irrigated conditions in summer.
- RGC 197 – Single stem, flat seed, 27 % Gum.
- RGC 936 – With branches, round and pink color seed, 33% Gum.
Brief information of this crop :
- Soil – Light or Medium and well drained soil.
- Climate- High temp, full sun light and low rainfall.
- Sowing – After 20 July to 15 Sep ( rain fed), in February (with irrigation)
- Crop duration- 80 to 100 days.
- Seed rate - 5 Kg. / acre.
- Cost of cultivation – Rs. 5 to 6 thousand/acre. (Cost of Certified seed Rs.2,500 – 3,000)
- Production/ Yield – 400 to 600 Kg. /acre.
- Market rate – Rs. 100 to 300/Kg.(Present rate is Rs.21,000/Quintal)
- Profit- minimum Rs. 35 to 90 thousand/acre in 90 days.
- We provide all concerned services like Quality Seed, crop agronomy and Assured “Buy back” support at different places. We also take up large Cultivation of 50 acres and above.
Guargum Meterial Avilable :
- Guargum Seeds
- Guargum Seeds Powder